Sharing anything in the Club is generally referred to as updating your status.
This may be writing a few words, creating a poll, sharing a link to a story online, or sharing a photo or video.
When you are in your own profile, in a group, or in the main activity stream, you will find the status box at the top of the page.
To update your status:
- Click or tap inside the status update box
- Start typing your update, or paste in the URL of the online story you want to share
- Change the privacy settings if you want (see below)
- Add location or mood if you want (see below)
- Click on POST
For each post you can set who sees it. The privacy setting options are:
- Public: for our community, this means site members only. All content, excluding the Members’ Blog, is only viewable by members.
- Site Members: only members of the MDM Club will see this update
- Friends Only: only your MDM Club friends will see this update
- Only Me: no other members will see this update
Sometimes it is relevant or just fun to add the location to your update. For example, you may be on holiday and wish to share where you are.
- Click on the location marker icon along the bottom of the status box.
- A box will pop up and you can enter in your location, or allow your computer or mobile device to use your current location.
Adding a mood to your update is a fun way to share how your day is going.
- Click on the mood icon (a face) along the bottom of the status box.
- A box will pop up and you can choose which mood applies for you today.
- Scroll down to see them all.
The image below shows just a few of the moods available.
For more status update options, read: